We are looking forward to welcoming guests back to Brown Rigg Lodges and Guest Rooms from the 4th July 2020.
We have followed Government and Tourism Industry Covid-19 guidelines and have carried out Risk Assessments for our business. Our accommodation will be cleaned and sanitised in accordance with guidelines from Visit England, the AA and PASC UK. Using NHS grade products, rigorous attention will be paid to frequently touched surfaces, such as door handles, TV remote controls and light switches.
- Hand sanitiser will be available in all lodges and guestrooms.
- Hairdryers, unnecessary cushions, table runners and blankets have been removed.
- Please do not arrive before check in time; this is so we can complete the enhanced cleaning protocols and ensure that everything is ready for your stay. We will not be able to accept any day guests in addition to your group. If you prefer to self-check in, please let us know and we will arrange this for you.
- Unfortunately, all communal areas will be closed for now. This includes the Games Room/Function Hall and the Laundry Room. These facilities will be reopened as soon as the situation allows. We ask that you bring your own outside toys, i.e. footballs and basketball.
Our games field and grounds are still available for you to relax and play in. There are several bike rides you can do from your doorstep. The Hareshaw Linn walk is always spectacular and we are located directly on the Pennine Way Walking Trail. We are in the process of setting up a guest information folder on a mobile app which will contain information about the open attractions and places you can eat at in the area. A link will be emailed to you so you will be able to use this.
- BBQ`s are available upon request. After they have been used, we will clean and sanitise them.
Guest rooms only:
- Rooms will only be serviced for stays of 3 days or longer. However, towels, toilet roll and tea, coffee, etc will be replenished upon request.
- The Kitchen in the Guest Block will not able available for guest use.
- If you have ordered a breakfast box it will be left outside your room and not delivered to the kitchen.
To help us ensure that you have a safe and enjoyable holiday:
- Please do not come to Brown Rigg if you or anyone in your party has or has experienced Covid-19 symptoms in the 14 days prior to your arrival. You must follow the Government instruction to self-isolate at home and follow NHS and government guidelines. Your reservation can be modified to an alternative date.
- If any guests develop symptoms of Covid-19 whilst staying at Brown Rigg, they must inform our staff. The entire group will be asked to leave and to return home straight away. If your symptoms are more serious (breathing difficulties) please tell us immediately so that we can seek emergency medical attention. Please note that you will be responsible for the cost of any extended stay and any associated cancellations if you are unable to travel home.
- We ask guests to follow government guidelines on protecting themselves and others from Covid-19. This includes following social distancing and regular handwashing.
- Upon departure Guests are asked to strip all used bedding without shaking it. This is to reduce the risk of the virus being spread in the air over a wider distance. Bedding should be placed immediately in the provided laundry bags.
We thank you for your patience and understanding during these difficult times.We hope you enjoy your stay.Alastair, Sue and the Brown Rigg Team